DIGIS3, led by the AIR Institute technology centre, arose as a result of the continuous growth of existing DIHs in the region and is made up of the following entities:
- The Air-Institute is a private, non-profit research organisation whose mission is to promote and develop scientific research in the field of computer science and artificial intelligence. The Air Institute has been created and promoted by the BISITE Research Group. The Bioinformatics, Intelligent Computing Systems and Educational Technology Research Group (BISITE) of the University of Salamanca develops intelligent computing systems involving AI, ML, Deep Learning, Emotional Systems, Fintech, Blockchain, IoT, Industry 4.0, Smart Cities, Smart Grids, Smart Textiles, Cybersecurity etc., and applies them to solve problems across multiple fields.
- The Instituto de Competitividad Empresarial de Castilla y León (ICE) is the instrument of the Junta de Castilla y León for business development and business services. It is part of the Regional Ministry of Economy and Finance, and works mainly in the area of innovation, financing and internationalisation.
- The DIHBU association, Digital Innovation Centre expert in Industry 4.0, formed by industrial companies, knowledge centres and developers of Industry 4.0 solutions in Castilla y León.
- The DIH-LEAF association, Digital Innovation Centre oriented to the livestock, environmental, agricultural and forestry sectors, involving, among others, universities and technology centres, companies and producer associations, in order to respond to the challenge of digitisation and technological innovation of this broad productive sector.
- The Fundación Supercomputación Castilla y León (SCAYLE), based at the Vegazana campus of the University of León, has as its foundational purposes the improvement of the research tasks of the university, research centres and companies of Castilla y León, promoting innovation actions in the world of the Knowledge Society and providing an excellent working environment in the areas of intensive computing, communications and advanced services.
- The University of León as an expert partner in supervision, control and automation of industrial processes and critical infrastructures as well as in Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Robotics, Additive Manufacturing or Aerospace Technology.