International Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science Foundation (AIR Institute)
TIN (C.I.F.): G37571627
Contact address: Plaza Ayuntamiento, 1, Carbajosa de la Sagrada 37188 Salamanca (Spain)
Activity: Research and service provision.
The European Digital Innovation Hub (EDIH) DIGIS3 fully complies with the duty of information stipulated in Article 10 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, 2002, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE) and adheres to the basic principles of Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007. This means that DIGIS3 provides clear, accessible and cost-free information that users need, including corporate identity, contact information, tax data and the terms of service offered, thus ensuring transparency and the right of users and consumers to be fully informed for their protection and to facilitate informed decisions in the digital environment.
What are cookies and what is their functionality?
Cookies are tiny text files that a website stores in the user's browser to remember information about the user's visit, such as language preferences and login information, which facilitates a more personalized and efficient experience on future visits.
They are used to collect analytical data to help improve the site and to target personalized advertising by tracking user behavior anonymously.
What types of cookies are there?
Cookies on the web can be classified as follows, we offer a brief explanation of each of them, classified:
According to their origin:
- First-party cookies are set by the very website you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies come from external services, such as Google Analytics.
According to their duration:
- Session cookies, which are deleted when you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies, which remain for a predefined time.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies ensure the proper functioning of the site.
- Personalization cookies store your preferences.
- Analytical cookies collect usage data to improve the site.
- Advertising cookies manage the displayed ads.
- Behavioral advertising cookies adapt the ads to your browsing habits.
- Affiliate cookies track referrals from other sites with which you have an affiliation agreement.
What kind of cookies do we use on our website?
- _ga: Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users. It expires in 2 years.
- gid: Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users. Expires in 24 hours.
- gat: Google Analytics cookie used to limit the request rate. Expires in 1 minute.
Third Party Cookies (YouTube) through DIGIS3:
- CONSENT: Google cookie used to manage user consent.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: YouTube cookie used to estimate bandwidth. It expires in approximately 6 months.
- YSC: YouTube cookie that records a unique ID to keep statistics about the YouTube videos the user has watched. It is a session cookie.
- __Secure-1PSIDCC, __Secure-3PSIDCC: Cookies used by Google services for authentication and for the protection of user information.
Accept Cookies: This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the given session.
Reject Cookies: The notice will be hidden on the present page.
How can you block cookies?
To control cookies in your browser, you have several options. You can adjust the settings to block all cookies, to receive warnings before they are installed, or to reject only third-party cookies. In addition, the private browsing mode allows you to use the Internet without saving cookies. Here is a quick guide for each browser:
Remember that, if you restrict cookies, it could impact the functionality of the websites you visit.